Monday, January 7, 2013

Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Motorola Droid Razr and Droid Razr Maxx Leak Available for Download.



There is a leaked Jelly Bean out for Original Droid Razr/Maxx.  I have tested it and runs smooth.  So far I have not ran into any bugs.  It takes about 15-30 mins to do the upgrade.  Follow the instructions below to get the jelly bean goodies for your Razr. 

NOTE:  Like always we or this site are NOT responsible for anything that happens to your phone during this process. Knowing that you are continuing with these instructions solely on your behalf. 



Download The following file:

Download: Jelly Bean Leak

Make sure to put this file on the root of your sdcard, meaning not inside any folders.  The "root directory" is the directory you connect to when you first connect to the SD card when you connect it to your computer 

Instructions:

Step1: Bootloader/Boot Mode Selection Mode

1.Power Off the Razr, by pressing the power button and selecting “power off.”

2.Press and  hold both volume buttons + -, and then press the power button to power on the device.

3.When you see the Boot Mode Selection Menu let go of all the buttons.

4.Press the volume down to select Recovery and then press Volume Up (to Make selection).

5.From the screen with the half-dead looking Android guy, press volume up and volume down again (at the same time)

6.Use the volume up and volume down buttons to navigate the menus, and the power button to make your selection.




Step2: Flashing Jelly Bean

1. Now that your are in Recovey, select "install update from external sdcard."  
And pick the file you download above Blur_Version.6.16.211.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip


2. Wait for the update to finish installing (about 20-30 minutes.)

3. After the update is finished, simply reboot the phone.

4.  If everything goes well, then enjoy.


2 comments:

  1. I've been using this since Dec24th. I cannot fill in forms with my keyboard on the web browser. It works for a few strokes, then stops inputting what I type. This is the 2nd droid RAZR I've installed JB 4.1.2 on and same results. I wiped it to factory reset and still does it. Let me know if it's doing that to you. I have tried better keyboard, Go keyboard, the original keyboard, and also keyboard 2.0 and all result in the same problem when filling out forms on web browser. Like username and password forms. Crazy. Need a fix soon! Apps freeze. My phone stays black screen when I pull away from ear after a call and can't hang up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tested on my Razr, using the stock browser. Using stock keyboard it came with. I did not have any of the issues you mention, i tested filling out couple of forms online and strokes did not stop inputting like you indicated.

    Maybe there is particular website it happens on?

    ReplyDelete